Audit & Assurance Associate
Soukup, Bush and Associates is the largest CPA firm in Northern Colorado. Our team is made up of over 40 associates who provide professional tax services, audit and accounting services, valuation consulting, cost segregation studies, education, bookkeeping and small business planning. You can find out more about us at soukupbush.com.
Our Audit & Assurance Associates provide attest services for privately held Northern Colorado Businesses. That means they build lasting relationships with clients, right from the start. They understand the emotional connection between business owners and their companies, and know the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic value. Soukup Bush Audit & Assurance Associates follow AICPA standards to validate the reliability and integrity of clients’ financial data and reporting. And they may be asked to provide attest services on non-financial procedures to prove compliance with government regulations, security procedures, or privacy controls.
Not only does Soukup Bush provide a more flexible schedule for our Associates, we also provide flexibility in ways that may not be possible in other firms. For instance, Audit and Assurance Associates who choose to can get outside of the conventional auditor role by getting involved in Business Development. Some may choose more of a hybrid role, combining the audit function with the Tax Associate role. Neither are a requirement. We don't force people into a silo...we invest in them in ways that they get to help define.
We are seeking for additional Audit & Assurance Associates who:
- Know how to how to build lasting relationships with our clients, through which they can instill customer confidence as a trusted and crucial advisor;
- Have strong communication skills, the emotional intelligence, and the professional voice needed to directly communicate with clients;
- Are proficient in AICPA standards;
- Have a working knowledge of the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 16; and who
- Have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, taking direction from peers and supervisors.
Since our Audit & Assurance Associates provide attest services and make recommendations to clients for improving internal controls, applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Masters preferred);
- A CPA license or working on requirements to obtain CPA license; and
- 1 or more years of auditing public accounting experience.
This will not be the right opportunity for those who:
- Want to be isolated and left alone in an office or cube, uninvolved, and disconnected;
- Lack the drive and accountability needed to meet the expectations of a high-performing team;
- Think they’d like the yoke of a traditional accounting firm;
- Lack an understanding of business, human nature, and interpersonal skills; or who
- Can’t or don’t energetically embrace the challenge of building something for a better future.
Expected Pay Range: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year