Soukup, Bush and Associates is the largest CPA firm in Northern Colorado. Our team is made up of over 40 associates who provide professional tax services, audit and accounting services, valuation consulting, cost segregation studies, education, bookkeeping and small business planning. You can find out more about us at soukupbush.com.
If you become a Tax Associate with us, you won’t be merely doing heads-down number crunching. We expect all of our associates to build lasting relationships with clients, right from the start. You won’t be on your own, isolated in a back office or cubicle. We expect all of our associates to work as part of a team whose members may have different roles but who have shared relationships with clients. And you won’t work more than 60 hours per week during tax season. That’s because we know the value of treating our associates like an investment that we expect a return from, rather than an asset we expect to use.
Not only does Soukup Bush provide a more flexible schedule for our Associates, we also provide flexibility in ways that may not be possible in other firms. For instance, Tax Associates who choose to can get outside of the conventional auditor role by getting involved in Business Development. Some may choose more of a hybrid role, combining the Tax Associate with the audit function role. Neither are a requirement. We don't force people into a silo...we invest in them in ways that they get to help define.
We are seeking Tax Associates who:
- Know how to how to build lasting relationships with our clients, through which they can instill customer confidence as a trusted and crucial advisor;
- Have strong communication skills, the emotional intelligence, and the professional voice needed to directly communicate with clients;
- Are proficient in tax research and interpretation of tax law and GAAP;
- Understand general accounting and tax procedures; and who
- Have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, taking direction from peers and supervisors.
Since our Tax Associates prepare tax returns for individuals and businesses (partnership, C corporations, S corporations), prepare tax projections, and assist with other various tax-related projects, applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Masters preferred);
- A CPA license or working on requirements to obtain CPA license; and
- 1 or more years of taxation public accounting experience.
This will not be the right opportunity for those who:
- Want to be isolated and left alone in an office or cube, uninvolved, and disconnected;
- Lack the drive and accountability needed to meet the expectations of a high-performing team;
- Think they’d like the yoke of a traditional accounting firm;
- Lack an understanding of business, human nature, and interpersonal skills; or who
- Can’t or don’t energetically embrace the challenge of building something for a better future.
Expected Pay Range: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year