Soukup Bush & Associates is the largest CPA firm in Northern Colorado. As such, many of the successful businesses and people in the area are our clients. For them, we provide a broad range of services from tax preparation to audit to broader business consulting. For you, it means that we have more opportunities than other firms in our region.
A Professional Internship with Soukup Bush is where many Accounting students step into their profession. That’s partly because we have so many opportunities - both full-time and part-time opportunities in both tax and audit. Our Internships are a semester long, with the potential to be extended or even converted to full-time employment upon graduation. We expect a healthy number of our future staff to start with us as Interns. As such, this internship is ideal for those who have completed their junior year.
Interns at Soukup Bush are not working in an isolated back office somewhere. Instead, they are working as part of a team serving our clients. Our Interns are learning how to work directly with our customers, and how to set and manage client expectations. Compensation for this paid internship is $30/hour. Hours are flexible but interns are required to be available on-site at our office.
We Hire Interns Who:
- Are organized, resourceful, and confident;
- Are strong communicators;
- Learn quickly and thrive in an environment of multi –tasking;
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude, and are highly motivated;
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and customer service and interaction skills; and
- Have the emotional intelligence necessary to be collaborative and consultative.
This Won’t Be the Right Environment For Those Who:
- Aren’t ready to prove themselves in a professional business environment;
- Want or need detailed training and hand-holding; and
- Lack confidence and self-awareness.