Part-Time Processing Internship
Soukup Bush & Associates is the largest CPA firm in Northern Colorado. As such, many of the successful businesses and people in the area are our clients. And for them, we provide a broad range of services from tax preparation to audit to broader business consulting. A Part-Time Processing Internship with us is where the fun begins. Have you wondered what life is really like in a CPA Firm? Would you like an inside look?
This internship is administrative in nature, allowing you to see all facets of a CPA Firm during the busy tax season. You’ll get a hands-on experience with many of the different software applications CPA Firms use to process tax returns. You’ll have tasks that support the tax return process such as scanning client information, and delivering tax returns.
This internship is a great opportunity for students early in their college career to see how a public accounting firm operates. It’s ideal for sophomores and juniors who either are pursuing a concentration in Accounting or considering it because you’ll develop a base of knowledge of the operations of a CPA Firm. You’ll have an inside opportunity to talk to staff about their positions as you decide what path you want to pursue in the future. And because we have more than one type of internship, it’s an excellent way to get started on a pathway to potential future internships with our firm that can lead to a full-time position.
Compensation for this paid internship is $18.00/hour. Hours are flexible but interns are required to be available on-site at our office.
We Hire Interns For This Position Who:
- Are organized, resourceful, and confident;
- Are strong communicators;
- Learn quickly and thrive in an environment of multi –tasking;
- Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude, and are highly motivated;
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and customer service and interaction skills; and
- Have the emotional intelligence necessary to be collaborative and consultative.
This Won’t Be the Right Environment For Those Who:
- Are not wanting a busy, deadline-driven environment;
- Aren’t thorough and detail-oriented;
- Want to be left alone, isolated from others; and
- Lack the curiosity needed to explore what’s beyond graduation.